Kyusa offers research-based curriculums that develop key professional skills, leadership skill, computer skills, and financial literacy while also improving their self-awareness, self-confidence and self-management. The Kyusa training is an experiential learning program that seeks to equip youth to become job creators, successful entrepreneurs and peer leaders in their communities as well as career fields.
The main line program activities are:
- Pre growth stage
- Business Startup Program (BSP) targeting youth at Idea-stage, Sole Employee Business, Working Prototype.
- Growth stage
- Business Acceleration Program (BAP) targeting business that are formalizing, Early Stage, 2-3 Employees, Early Revenue, Pre-profit.
- Social Entrepreneur’s Accelerator Program (SEAP) targeting social businesses that are Formalizing, Early Stage, 2-3 Employees, Early Revenue, Pre-Profit
- Continued growth
- Business study trips which involve sector-specific site visits with established larger companies to provide guidance / modelling for Kyusa entrepreneurs
- Dialogue series involve skill-specific talk series from established business leaders on specific scale-up strategies, tools, processes
- Sustainable Living Project (SLP) involve equipping alumni with sustainability skills in regards to food security and providing access to health services/ insurance packages as well as introducing them to a pension fund system that targets people in the informal sector.
Kyusa has a 70% business startup success rate and 80% of the businesses started make it past their first business birthday.
By end of 2019, Kyusa had directly impacted +1800 early start up entrepreneurs by providing +50,000 hours of business development training and coaching which has led to the successful start of +600 small and micro businesses. We have supported 70 social businesses to articulate their business models and collectively supported SMEs create +1000 new jobs opportunities.
We have helped more than 700 young women and girls, from low income communities in Uganda, acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to start and run successful businesses.
Kyusa graduates have started catering businesses, Events Management Companies, social enterprises, a football academy, Poultry farms, commercial farms, beauty shops, hair dressing businesses, Fashion & design boutiques, carpentry workshops, shoe making, craft making, crocheting businesses, makeup services, jewelry brands, soap making, skills training services and electronic repair shops among other ventures.
Kyusa has its footprint in ten major districts of Uganda namely – Kampala, Wakiso, Luwero, Jinja, Busia, Kabale, Kisoro, Isingiro, Mbale and Ibanda. Although our head offices are in Kampala, we do have partner organisations that we work with in these respective districts.
The Kyusa main office is currently located at level one on The Ark Building, plot 398, Gayaza road- Kampala, Uganda. P.o.box 11838, Kampala- Uganda.